Head and Neck Surgery
Our specialized surgeons in head and neck surgery provide comprehensive, customized care for every patient
Whether providing a tonsillectomy on a child or removing a cancerous tumor, at Hurley Medical Center we treat every patient with the highest respect and with the greatest care. We use a patient- and family-centered team approach that draws on the skills of surgeons radiation oncologists, chemotherapy specialists and surgical nurses to develop treatment plan specifically tailored to each individual’s unique needs.
Early identification and treatment of oral, head and neck disorders means a higher rate of positive outcomes. We encourage you to see an ear, nose and throat (ENT or otolaryngology) specialist if you are experience problematic symptoms such as unusual lumps or sudden, unexplained pain. In many cases, and with early detection of problems, we can use minimally invasive techniques that result in reduced pain and faster recoveries.
We regularly treat the following conditions:
- Nasal and sinus disorders, upper airway obstruction
- Throat, voice and swallowing problems, including gastroesophageal reflux therapy and tonsillectomies
- Diseases of the nerves in the ears, oral cavity, esophagus, head and face
- Benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck
- Facial deformities, including congenital (at birth) problems and issues resulting from accidents or disease
- Structural problems related to hearing loss or impairment