Center for Joint Replacement: Do I Need Joint Replacement?
If you are experiencing constant joint pain, maybe joint replacement surgery is for you.
Always consult with your doctor if you are experiencing joint pain. Before meeting with your doctor, ask yourself the following questions. Answering yes to one or more of these questions may be a sign that you need joint replacement. Together, you and your doctor can decide if joint replacement is right for you, or if alternative treatments should be tried first.
Do you answer yes to any of the following questions?
- Is the pain in your knee or hip not controlled by simple medications such as anti-inflammatory drugs or non-prescription pain relievers?
- Are you having trouble sleeping at night because of pain in your hip or knee?
- Are you no longer able to participate in your usual activities?
- Are you having difficulty getting in and out of the car?
- Are stairs or steps difficult because of joint pain?
- Are you unable to sit comfortably for more than 30 minutes?
- Is putting on your shoes or socks difficult because of pain or stiffness?
- Is your ability to work limited by hip or knee arthritis?
For more information about The Center for Joint Replacement or to make an appointment to visit the center, contact:
The Center for Joint Replacement
One Hurley Plaza
Flint, MI 48503