Center for Joint Replacement
It's time for you to live without joint pain
Welcome to The Center for Joint Replacement at Hurley Medical Center, offering the highest standards of orthopedic excellence. Our goal is for you to have an active and healthy life – without pain.
Why Hurley for your surgery
Certified as a Blue Cross Center of Distinction for Knee and Hip Replacement, The Center for Joint Replacement at Hurley Medical Center is one of the Top 10 joint replacement centers in the United States and consistently ranks above 90% in Patient Satisfaction every year.
As the region’s experts in joint replacement surgery, we offer a complete joint replacement experience. From pre-surgery testing, mobility assessment and exercises to a personalized physical therapy program after your surgery, we provide support and resources every step of the way.
Not like a hospital at all
A beautiful, welcoming unit within Hurley Medical Center, the Center for Joint Replacement is committed to providing the best clinical care to our joint replacement patients. With hand-painted wall murals and rooms with soothing colors and hardwood floors, it seems more like a Michigan Bed-and-Breakfast than part of a hospital. This calm, comforting atmosphere helps you relax and recover from your surgery while our expert staff gives you the best of care tailored to your individual needs.
You are never alone
Our highly-skilled team of specialized nurses and physical and occupational therapists understand what you’re going through and are dedicated to giving you comprehensive, personalized care throughout your entire experience.
Before your surgery, our team will:
- assess your range of motion and mobility
- give you a home exercise program (pre-habilitation)
- help you choose a personal coach – the person who will help care for you after you leave the hospital
- give you a punch card for six (6) FREE pre-surgery aquatic (water) arthritis classes at the Hurley Health and Fitness Center
- help you schedule post-surgery outpatient physical therapy
After your surgery, our team will:
- manage your pain medication
- encourage you to use your ‘new’ joint soon afterwards
- help you leave the hospital as quickly as possible
- develop a personalized outpatient physical therapy program so you can get the most benefit from your ‘new’ joint
Only the Center for Joint Replacement offers you:
- the highest quality surgical and therapeutic care
- the most up-to-date minimally invasive procedures
- the best orthopedic surgeons in the region
- your own personal support team to care for you throughout your entire joint replacement experience, including your surgeon, your coach, our specially-trained nurses and our expert physical and occupational therapy staff
Hurley Health and Fitness Center
Please take advantage of your free one month membership at the Hurley Health and Fitness Center, the area’s only medically-based fitness facility with specially-trained staff who can help you get stronger, healthier, and more active. We urge all of our joint replacement patients to use the Hurley Health and Fitness Center – this will help you build on the gains you made in your physical therapy program and help make your joint replacement surgery a success.
Board-certified surgeons are highly skilled in treating the full range of degenerative joint conditions
We have particular expertise in:
For more information about The Center for Joint Replacement or to make an appointment to visit the center, contact:
The Center for Joint Replacement
One Hurley Plaza
Flint, MI 48503