Behavioral Medicine: Treatment
The following describes various mental health treatments. For specific information regarding your health and treatment options, please contact your Hurley physician or medical professional.
Early diagnosis and treatment can help bring about a speedy recovery.
The first step in helping you with a mental health condition is to visit the Hurley Mental Health Associates clinic on South Linden Road for an intake appointment, where a therapist will assess your condition. Early diagnosis and treatment can help bring about a speedy recovery and in most cases, prevent your condition from getting worse.
Based on our assessment of your condition, the following services may be provided:
- Individual Therapy: One-on-one treatment provided by a therapist.
- Couples Therapy: Marriage or relationship counseling provided by a therapist.
- Family Therapy: Therapy involving a therapist and you and your family members.
- Psychiatric Evaluation: Evaluation by a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner or physician assistant to determine your diagnosis, give treatment recommendations, and/or decide if medication is needed to treat symptoms.
- Medication Management: Follow-up of medications prescribed by HMHA staff.
- Psychological Testing: By referral from an HMHA professional, a psychologist performs a series of psychological testing to clarify your diagnosis or assist in treatment planning.
- Pre-Surgery Psychological Evaluations: As may be required by a surgical team, including bariatric, spinal, or kidney transplant surgeries.
- HPRP Group: Group therapy for recovering health care professionals.
Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment
Hurley Mental Health Associates offers many types of inpatient and outpatient treatment for children and adults. For complete information, click on the links below:
Hurley Mental Health Associates
Hurley West Campus Building
1085 South Linden Road, Suite 150
Flint, MI 48532