Visiting A Patient
Patient-directed visitation means that each individual patient’s preference, family situation, illness, health condition, safety and security needs are discussed with the patient or patient’s representative in establishing individual guidelines for visitation.
Hurley Medical Center would like to offer these guidelines for visiting a patient:
- To respect the privacy and comfort of patients in semi-private rooms, we suggest that no more than 2 guests are at the patient’s bedside at one time.
- The hours between 9pm and 7am are considered “quiet hours” for all units.
- Extended and overnight visits can be arranged with the patient’s assigned registered nurse. Care partners who anticipate arriving at the hospital after 11pm are asked to pre-arrange their visit with the nurse or to call the unit and speak with the nurse prior to coming to the hospital.
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times.
- Latex balloons cannot be brought into the hospital environment under any circumstances.
There are three Hurley campuses/locations:
1. Main Campus and Level 1 Trauma Center: click here for directions and parking information
2. Eastside Campus: click here for a map of the location
3. West Flint Campus: click here for a map of the location
Hurley Medical Center also has two additional facilities:
1. Hurley Children's Hospital: our new state-of-the-art hospital just for children, located within the medical center. Click here for complete information.
2. Hurley Health and Fitness Center: our medically-based health and fitness facility located near the medical center on South Saginaw Street. Click here for complete information.