The following describes Hurley's exercise and weight loss programs. For specific information regarding your health and treatment options, please contact your Hurley physician or medical professional.
At Hurley Medical Center, our goal is for you to be healthy.
This includes being in good physical shape and at a healthy weight. Our experienced staff within the medical center and at all of our clinics – OB/GYN Clinic, Hurley Children’s Clinic, and Geriatric Services – are specially trained to help you get fit and lose weight, and they can guide you to the many exercise programs at Hurley Health and Fitness Center.
Hurley Health and Fitness Center (HHFC)
The area’s only medically-based health and fitness facility, Hurley Health and Fitness Center offers advanced exercise technology, an experienced team of fitness professionals, and most importantly, access to specialists from Hurley’s full range of medical practices, including cardiology, orthopedics, and rehabilitation.
To help you get fit and lose weight, over 60 group exercise classes a week are available, as well as one-on-one sessions with a personal trainer. The Olympic-size pool is also an excellent way to tone and strengthen your body as well as lose weight. For more information, call (810) 262-2200.
HHFC also provides the following medically-based exercise programs:
- Diabetes Education & Exercise Program (DEEP)
- Bariatric Education & Exercise Program (BEEP)
- Water Exercise for Arthritis (certified through the Arthritis Foundation)
- Pulmonary Rehab Phase II and III
- Cardiac Rehab Phase III
- SportsCare (physical therapy)
Value Added Services (FREE with membership):
- Over 50 group exercise classes per week (Zumba, yoga, spinning, aquatics, aerobics)
- Child Care (6 months-10 years)
- Family Day (Sundays 2-5pm)
- 2 Personal Training sessions upon joining
- Free locker/towel service